Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information, or personally identifying information, is data that can uniquely identify a single person.
How Personal Information is Collected
- When you register a product, purchase a product, download a software update, or participate in a survey, we may collect personal information such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When sharing data, information, or content, with colleagues, friends, or family by using TriLateral Systems products or invite others to join public conversations and sites, we may collect information from, or about, those people, including name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Within the United States, we may ask for your Social Security number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN) for credit verification.
How Personal Information Is Used
- Personal Information may be used to inform you of product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, upcoming events, the improvement of content, services, products, solutions, and advertising.
- You can opt-in and opt-out of mailing lists, newsletters, and other similar mailings and emailings by following the opt-in and opt-out procedures listed in each item.
- We may send important notices, updates on purchases, changes to terms, conditions, and policies, and similar items from time to time.
- Personal Information may be used for internal auditing, data analysis, and research that aids in the improvement of products, services, solutions, and customer relations.
- Information you provide during a sweepstakes, contest, or similar promotion may be used to provide information or to administer such program or promotion.
How Non-Personal Information is Collected and Used
Non-Personal Information, or non-personally identifying information, is data in a form that does not permit any type of direct association with a single individual. TriLateral Systems may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information as follows:
- We may collect the occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique identifiers of devices or software, location, and time zone of products. This information is used to analyze, and understand, customer behavior so that we may improve products, services, solutions, advertising, an customer relations.
- Activity on TriLateral Systems websites may also be collected. This information is aggregated and helps us improve how, and what, information is provided to customers. The information is also used to understand interest in products and services.
Such aggregated data is non-personal in nature. However, if we combine non-personal information with personal information, that combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as such information remains combined.
Web Browser Cookies and Other Technologies
Browsers and Servers log information such as computer type, operating system, visited pages, length of visits, browser type, language, Internet Service Provider (ISP) address, referring pages, exit pages, and date and time stamps. This data is used solely for the purpose of demographic information gathering, analyzing trends, administering sites and services, understanding user behavior, determining the effectiveness of site designs and layouts, and aids in enhancing customer service and communication.
Disclosure of Personal Information
TriLateral Systems shares personal information with companies who provide information processing, payment processing, credit extension, customer order fulfillment, product delivery, data management, customer service, assessment of products and services, and research and satisfaction services. These companies are obligated by law to protect such information and may be located wherever TriLateral Systems operates.
Other Third Parties
Under some circumstances – by law, legal process, litigation, and/or public and government authorities within or outside of your country of residence – for TriLateral Systems to disclose personal information. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that such disclosure is appropriate for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance. We may disclose personal information if we determine that it is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations and users. We may transfer any and all personal information we collect to relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale.
How We Protect Personal Information
TriLateral Systems takes precautions – including administrative, technical, and physical measures – to ensure the safety of personal information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When using some TriLateral Systems products, services, or applications or post on a TriLateral Systems forum, chat room, message board, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users, and can be read, collected, or used by them. You take full responsibility for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. Please take great care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
TriLateral Systems will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information so that you can request a correction of data in the event of any inaccuracy or delete such data if retention of the data is not required by or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the Privacy Contact Form.
Be advised any attempted request for personal information that is found to be from an unauthorized third party in an effort to acquire such information illegally or for purposes of identity theft will be dealt with through policing agencies.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 13 we will take steps to delete the personal information as soon as possible.
Location Based Services
To provide location-based services, TriLateral Systems, partners, and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. This data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify users and is used by TriLateral Systems, partners, and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Some location-based services offered by TriLateral Systems require your personal information for the feature to work properly.
Third-Party Sites and Services
TriLateral Systems websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We cannot control the content or links of such third parties and we are not responsible for their practices.
Our Companywide Commitment to Privacy
TriLateral Systems strictly enforces privacy safeguards within the company via the adoption of appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction of information.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use the site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed as your acceptance of those changes.
TriLateral Systems LLC.
Last Updated: April 15, 2011